Find Someone Who Loves You For Who You Are

It can be very difficult at any age to enter into the dating scene, but it becomes different as we get older with more complications.

Personally, I am 35 and once divorced. It was a very difficult journey to get myself to the point where I am now physically, financially, and emotionally. To be able to get myself where I am a whole person not dependent on another to make me whole.

In my younger, egocentric mind I would seek out relationships for pleasure. Something to make me whole to give me what I thought I needed. There is a big misconception out there about love. Yes, it can absolutely be this fairy tale thing where 2 people come together to have this bond. But what it should never be is a knight in shining armor coming to rescue another person. This goes for either sex. But this is important to remember.

victim + savior = toxic relationship

There are plenty of people that will love you for your money.

There are plenty of people that will love you for your body.

There are plenty of people that will love you for what you can do for them.

There are plenty of people that will love you for what they hope you will be.

But to find someone who loves you and accepts you for who you are right now in this moment…that is a difficult task. It is very hard to look at another person that is full of faults and that has a past that you might not agree with and say “I love you for who you are right now, I don’t care about your past.”

It is also very hard for another person to accept that. When you put it out there that you accept them for who they are, their minds may go “NO, you don’t know me, I have a past. I have done horrible things, I am not the person you think I am.”

The truth is, the world is full of manipulators. We all have experienced them in one form or another. From used car salesmen, our bosses at work, children trying to get their way. But the worst is when it is our family and friends. It can destroy our trust, it can make us put up walls.

The one thing I have learned, if I have learned anything, is this: The same walls that keep out pain are the same walls that keep out love. So many of us are walking around guarded because of the experiences we have been through in the past. We all have these wounds we are nursing along, trying the best we can to heal and cope.

The month of April always seems to be a period of transition in my life. Not only do the seasons change, but I have made many big changes in my life during this time.

I would invite everyone during this time of transition to really take a deep look at ourselves. Look into the mirror in the morning, in the afternoon, before bed and say “I love and accept you for who you are in this moment.”

Do this and I promise your life will change.

As always, thank you for your time and attention.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making It Now: 4 Steps to Success

Being True to Yourself Means Being Fearless