Seeing Is Believing

I know a lot of times in my life I have believed what other have told me about certain things and people that eventually I found out were to be totally untrue in whole or in part.

Personally, I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt these days because of my past experiences.  I think it is important that we take the time to investigate things in person in order to draw our own conclusions on certain people, places, etc.  Most, if not all, of the time people are putting other people through their own life filter.  If you are speaking to a negative person about another person, I am sure this person would only see the bad things about a person.  The person they are speaking of might have done 100 good things, but the negative person doing the speaking will find the one mistake they have made and proclaim that this person is "bad".

I have had to learn this the hard way and other have learned it about me.  I live in a small town and as you can imagine, everyone talks about everyone else.  So I am sure there are "rumors" and people passing judgement upon me all of the time.  I don't mind this, it keeps me in line.  I tend to do what I perceive as good to avoid having a bad reputation.  It is not that I place a lot of value on what others think of me, it is just that I know to get things done and to build trust, your reputation goes a long way.  I would rather be known in a good light...even in the most selfish way, it serves me better and makes life a lot easier.

So, the point of this entry.  I would invite you to spend some time with a person who you have passed judgement on only by hearing what others have said about them.  Don't listen to what this person says, but watch what they do.  People's actions tend to tell everything you need to know.  People's words are usually what they want you to think about them or what they want to think about themselves.  You will often hear people say "I am a good person"...It is my belief that saying that alone is not good, for we are all fallible...but most of all..."good" people don't need to say this, their actions speak of it.

Going forth in life I would also invite you to just do good and not worry about what others think.  There is one who keeps tally of these things. But also, over time your actions will be heard about and your reputation will build...and even when that happens, don't celebrate yourself too much...just keep doing what you do, because that is your purpose.

As always, thank you for your time and attention.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making It Now: 4 Steps to Success

Find Someone Who Loves You For Who You Are

Being True to Yourself Means Being Fearless