Mind the Small Stuff

Your Habits Matter

Your Goals/Output In Life Are Compound Habits


This is the most important conversation you can have with yourself in life.  I would invite you to sit down, write out your habits, and choose which ones are serving you.  Are you really getting anything out of those video games?  I understand for some people it is how they get their social interaction and it does beat sitting on a bar stool, but, what are you really getting out of it?  Binging Netflix, reading tabloids, gossiping, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, etc etc etc.  What tiny things that you are doing everyday are slowly taking over your life?

I have had days in my past where time just sort of goes and I have no idea what I have done for the day...Did I accomplish anything?  Did I move closer to my goals?  Do I even have any goals?  I am here to tell you I wasted A LOT of time.  I made a lot of money and had nothing to show for it.  I had relationships that weren't built on solid ground.  I had the depth of a cookie monster shaped kiddie pool.  I had under developed talents.  I was pretty stupid actually...come to think of it.

The good lord blessed me with many gifts...and I kind of dabbled in them.  Guitar playing and singing being one of them.  I am self taught and like most things, it came pretty easy to me.  I learned, or at least it was put into me, that practice is important.  Playing drums was a huge part of my life for a lot of years and we practiced and practiced and practiced.  Then I got into marching band and we practiced some more...Then came indoor percussion and we practiced again.  So when I got into playing guitar, I practiced...learned a lot of bad habits that took a bit to get out of.

So, if we want to put that into perspective.  Life is habits, good and bad.  It takes a bit to get out of the bad habits that we learn by going at life without any guidance.  I do believe if more of us took the time to gather up some guidance from those who have already been through life, we would be a lot better off.

Take some time today to venture into self improvement.  It is a great journey.  Pick a skill you would like to have.  Any skill you want and there is endless information at our fingertips now.  From investing in the stock market to seducing the opposite sex.  Pick up a new skill, make it a habit to learn new things.  Keep what is good, trash the rest.

As always, thank you for your time and attention.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making It Now: 4 Steps to Success

Find Someone Who Loves You For Who You Are

Being True to Yourself Means Being Fearless