Letting Go

Letting Go So You Can Grow

One of the harder things to get through in life is loss.  Life is full of loss.  From the moment we are born we lose the comfort of the womb and are brought into the world in a very uncomfortable manner.

I guess the question would be is: "How do we deal with it?"

It's a tough topic.  One that I struggle with a lot.  I am horrible at dealing with death.  In a very short order I lost 3 very close people to me.  My brother, John, my grandfather, and my father.  I actually lost my father twice, once mentally, and again physically.  I was also dealing with the loss of my marriage as well.  These are not pleasant things and some people try to put a positive spin on them...which I can see now, but when you are going through it...there is not much a person can say to "snap" you out of it.  My recommendation is that if you have a friend that is going through loss, just be there...and listen.

"No words of wisdom can make me feel better....lately I have been having hard days and I curse the night."  - "I Love You, But Goodbye" - Langhorne Slim

My thoughts are shifting this into loss of love for some reason, so I am going to go with it.  What I want to speak on is unrequited love.  This is a hard one for a lot of people.  Unrequited love is when we have feelings for someone that are not wanted or not returned for whatever reason.  There is an interesting solution to this and one that I have been practicing since having my heart smashed into a million pieces quite a few times while getting back into the dating game.  A little offering here, it hurts the same at 35 as it did when I was 15...and I would imagine it still hurts as we age.  I can deal with it a lot better now...and here's how.

I have realized that the feeling of love is for me.  What this allows me to do is to feel all of these wonderful emotions, all of these great feelings, and remain completely unattached from the outcome.  Why deny yourself these feelings just because they might not be returned.  Don't go into it expecting it.  If it happens, FANTASTIC...if not, that doesn't mean you can't still fall in love.

A lot of times in life we hold people to some pretty unrealistic expectations.  What I would invite you to do, especially if you are a male...is to practice being in a woman's energy.  Really focus on what is going on there.  Don't try to posses it...you can't.  We couldn't in a million years understand what goes on in the mind of a woman.  They are driven by emotion, they are wild, they are chaotic, they are very much like the world...very much like nature.

What I am trying to get across here is this:  If you are able to detach yourself from expectation and live in the experience, you will have a much more fulfilling life.  Don't put up walls that keep your love in.  Express it!  Feel it!  It is a gift meant for you and it is never wasted.

As always, thank you for your time and attention.


I love you, but goodbye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making It Now: 4 Steps to Success

Find Someone Who Loves You For Who You Are

Being True to Yourself Means Being Fearless