Humble Yourself

It Is Always A Good Time To Give Thanks

This is an interesting topic for me.  At one point in my life I got very proud of my accomplishments.  In my mind, I had done it all!  We all know these people in our lives.  Those people who have done everything and anything.  They constantly trump your accomplishments with their accomplishments.  I wasn't exactly one of those people, but I do have a lot of experience in different areas because I love trying new things.  What I was doing though was reveling in it.  As I would soon learn my accomplishments didn't mean much in the eyes of others.  I would also learn that no one really cares about what you used to do.  "What have you done for me lately?"

I would soon lose everything that I had worked so hard for.  All of my accomplishments, monetary and otherwise would be taken.  Most traces of my work would be covered up and/or removed.  My money would be taken, my motorcycle, most of my belongings, and all were deemed "worthless" by those who took them from me.  I was deeply humbled.

I am not here to cry foul play, although what was done to me was wrong, I do take full ownership of my mistakes.  The reason why I was never "happy" is exactly that.  I was just never happy.  It didn't matter what I had accomplished, the amount of money I attained, nor the amount of possessions I owned.  I was miserable because I could not even appreciate life for what it was.  I was not a good person and I was surrounded by people just like me.  I had to change.

The journey that I embarked on was a hard one.  It meant giving up everything that I knew.  Some I gave up willingly and others were taken.  There wasn't anything I could do about it.  When the law says you must do something, you will do it...eventually.  That wasn't a fight I was willing to get into.  I am willing to go to battle when I know I stand a chance, there was no winning that one, so I accepted my fate and let it all go.

As I rebuild my life I am learning to be thankful for everything and everyone in it.  I know now how quickly it can all go away.  The gratitude I have for waking up every morning is something I never had.  Not everyday is easy, not everyday is rainbows and love.  But I can be thankful for it all.

The point of all of this is that there is a greater reason for our struggles.  There is a greater reason for our gifts.  We are merely doing the work of the greater power.  Everything we have has been created through our thoughts and actions.  There is not one thing on this earth that was created from thin air except all of the building blocks we have to create.  "To make something from scratch, we must first create the universe."  I am sure that is paraphrased.  Think about making bread, when you get done and the bread sits in front of you...did you really make anything?  Did you make the earth in which the grain grew?  Did you plant the seed?  Did you grow it, nurture it, and harvest it?  What about the yeast and the water?  What about the recipe you followed?  As you blog or post to Facebook...Did you create that app?  Did you create the Internet?  Do you even know how the Internet works?

Take the opportunity today to be thankful for all of the things that we have in this world.  It is truly a great place to live despite of all of our troubles.  It is perfect.

As always, thank you for your time and attention.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making It Now: 4 Steps to Success

Find Someone Who Loves You For Who You Are

Being True to Yourself Means Being Fearless