Do Not Stand On a Broken House and Claim Victory

TOOLS 
KSEE

Knowledge Strategy Execution Evaluation

To expand on this.  I was having a discussion with a person whom I have never met that comes through my Facebook feed.  It stated loosely around "It is better to make a mistake than to not do anything."  This is true, to a point.  If we continue to go out and make mistakes and not take from them, it is kind of like pounding your head against a wall and expecting change.  Also, there have been a lot of people that have come into the world before we have...that have made a lot of mistakes.  While I will agree that experience is a great teacher, there are people that have spent their whole lives experiencing things.  Also, the great thing about humans that sets us apart from any other animal is that we can project.  We can take in information and determine an outcome....many outcomes....so thought is a powerful too.

I was also thinking today about tools...and I am about to enter a discussion with a professional men's coach.  I was discussing money...and money to me is a tool.  The more tools we have available to us, the more work we can do.  I was a cook for a long time and I was thinking on that as I had just purchased a chef's knife the other day for myself.  This is the foundation or the greatest tool a chef can have.  Take away his knife and you severely hamper his ability to provide his gift to the world.

Now, thinking on this I was thinking that a knife is the sharpest tool for a chef....what is the sharpest tool a man has?   His tongue....and what is sharpest on a knife?  The point...same can be said for a man's tongue.  The point is where the edge and the spine come together...and it is used for piercing.

The point of the title of this entry is...If you build a house with no knowledge...and the house falls over...Do not claim victory.  Evaluate, gain more knowledge, and try again....ad infintium

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making It Now: 4 Steps to Success

Find Someone Who Loves You For Who You Are

Being True to Yourself Means Being Fearless